Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cracker Barrel

Is it me or does Cracker Barrel kick butt?

My wife won dinner for 2 a few months back at a silent or Chinese auction, or whatever it was called.

The coupon expired in July, but there's a law in NJ that says a GC can't expire, or so I'm told.

Anyway, I didn't tell the manager, I just asked if he would honor it and he said he would.

Heres the dinner:

2 peach ice teas sweetened with Splenda. This is a sugar free home brewed iced tea. Was outstanding.
2 lemonades and 1 milk
1 chicken and dumplings kids meal,
1 chicken fingers kiss meal.
1 chicken fried steak adult meal (wife)
1 most expensive thing on the menu, 10 oz ribeye, baked potato and a tossed salad (guess).
side of mac and cheese

Total was 45 bucks, with the dinner for two it came to 10.79! Awesome! After tip and tax it was just over 20 bucks.

Now the review:

tossed salad excellent with bacon, croutons et al.
Drinks were outstanding
chicken fried steak was great, has brown casserole was great, mashed potatoes with gravy were great, mac and cheese off the charts great, baked potato was great, biscuits were great
My steak- not so great, but thats what I get for trying to get the most expensive meal they had. I ALMOST got the deluxe breakfast thingie they have, but it was 5 bucks cheaper and I wanted to get the full value of the prize. What a dope!

Anyway, despite the crappy steak, an excellent meal, and even without the GC, it was a very fair price.

sorry for the diversion into food talk, I was actually sued once for 25 million or so dollars for talking about food instead of working. Meanwhile, the liar always would say that the clients loved to hear personal stuff. Ahhhhhh hypocrisy at it's best.

tiny

No comments:

Post a Comment